JBC Caring and Learning Center Director
Objective: To fulfill the mission of Judson Baptist Church and pursue
the vision of JBC Learning and Caring Center through effective administration,
personnel administration and development, program oversight, and facility enhancement.
- The Mission of JBC Caring & Learning Center is the same as Judson Baptist Church: To make disciples of Jesus Christ who love God and love people.
- The Vision of JBC Caring & Learning Center: To provide the highest quality of care and education of children that is child-centered, holistic and values children as individuals through a faith-based program.
Reports to: The JBC Caring and Learning Center Committee and/or Pastor
or Pastoral staff designated by Pastor.
Formal evaluation will be performed annually by the JBC Caring & Learning Center Committee.
Present enrollment: 180 children
Salary Range: 55K to 65K depending on qualifications and experience.
- The Director shall be one who has
received Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and who seeks to live all of life
under His Lordship.
- Sense of call and passion for
ministry with preschool aged children and their families that is grounded in a
love for Jesus Christ
- The Director shall be or willing to
become an active member of Judson Baptist Church, being present in weekly
worship, a small group study, and support the ministries of the church.
- Has obtained or will promptly obtain
childhood education director qualifications under Louisiana Early Learning Center
- Preferably a 4-year college degree in
Early Childhood Education and/or 5 years of experience in similar setting (but
no less than state license requirements).
- Excellent communication skills for
interpersonal and electronic communication.
- Experience preferred in
administration, budgeting, and supervision in the management of a
- Knowledge of Christian education,
curriculum planning and programming, and compliance with all local and state licensing
requirements and regulations.
- A high regard for integrity and
- Manage day-to-day
activities at daycare and preschool
instructional resources for use in the daycare/preschool classroom.
- Develop academic
- Monitor students
and teachers for progress.
- Train, encourage,
and mentor teachers and other staff.
financial and state record keeping.
daycare/preschool teachers and other support staff.
- Maintain rapport
- Handle tours and
- Prepare budgets
and reports (monthly and annual).
- Work actively
with teachers to maintain high curriculum standards.
performance goals and objectives.
- Explain and
answer procedural questions.
- Conduct regular
- Hire, train, and
evaluate daycare/preschool teachers.
- Visit all
classrooms and observe teaching methods weekly.
- Ensure the
office/desk is manned by administrative team members during open hours.
- Examine learning
- Review instructional
objectives and adjust accordingly.
- Meet with other
administrators, parents, and community organizations.
- Communicate with
JBCCLC Committee, pastoral staff and meet with them regularly.
- Attend all church
- Attend continuing
education in professional and staff development.